Anant Ambani, the youngest son of billionaire Mukesh Ambani, and Radhika Merchant, daughter of industrialist Viren Merchant, are about to get married. The ‘roka’ or engagement ceremony was held at the Shrinathji Temple in Nathdwara in Rajasthan on Thursday in the presence of family members and friends. The two would be friends for quite some time now.
Confirming the news, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) General Affairs Manager, Parimal Nathwani, said in a tweet: “My heartfelt congratulations to dearest Anant and Radhika on their Roka Ceremony at Shrinathji Temple in Nathdwara. May the blessings of Lord Shrinath ji be with you always. “
Everything you need to know about Radhika Merchant:
1) Daughter of Viren Merchant, CEO of Encore Healthcare, and Shaila Merchant, Radhika is an Indian trained classical dancer.
2) She is said to have trained in Bharatnatyam for eight years and is a disciple of Guru Bhavana Thakar of Shree Nibha Arts.
3) Her first dance performance was hosted by Ambanis at Jio World Center in Mumbai earlier this year.
4) She graduated from New York University and currently serves on the board of Encore Healthcare.
5) Rumor has it that Anant and Radhika got engaged in an intimate ceremony in 2019. This, however, has not been confirmed by the families.
(With contributions from the agency)
Trending topics to follow